● The SPI Programmer uses an unique technique that not only it can be read or store the data file from the SD/MMC card installed on the build in SD/MMC socket, it also programming the device under test (Abbs. as DUT) with the data stored in the SD/MMC card.
Store and programming data from the SD/MMC card can eliminate the process of preparing a master device chip.
The SPI programmer can be used under copy mode, in this mode it copy data from the master device to socket at position #1 to position #7.
● automatic system software upgrade--new device lists can be added into the device list in the system software.
By storing the new SPI system software into the SD/MMC card, the new system software is hence upgraded.
● The SPI Programmer uses versatile universal device name type method. This is convenient for the SPI programmer to support the SPI flash type by different manufacturer as long as you can find the versatile device name in the programmer’s LCD display.
● It is easy to upload the device data file from the programmer to PC. First step is placing the chip you want to read the data from into the master position, then read it out and store it to the SD/MMC card, second step is pull the SD/MMC card out and connect it to PC..
● Device count function—good programmed chip quantities can be counted and displayed on the LCD, this is convenience in mass production.
● Master socket position --position of the master device is on the socket position "8" with the marking "master" on it.
● To copy the data from--if SD/MMC card is detected , then the data source is from SD/MMC card, otherwise the data source is from the master chip in socket position "8".
● the function "press two keys simultaneously" means that while the fist key is pressed and kept at its down position, at the same time a second key is pressed and kept at its down position, (i.e., keep both the keys in the down position at the same time.)
Key function descriptions
Following is the command lists while the programmer is in idle mode:
● [YES] key to confirm
Pressing the [YES] key will start auto copy function while the programmer is in idle mode. The sequence is (erase-program-verify). The corresponding LED will turn off if an error is detected on each socket position.
Upon completion of the verification, the summary of the total good device count will be displayed on the lower right corner of the LCD.
The count will be reset to zero once the function 'file select' is used.
● key [▼/ Verify]--means "next" or "verify"
Pressing the [▼/ Verify] key will start ‘verify’ process while programmer is in idle state, the LED will be distinguished on the corresponding socket position if an error is occurred during data verify.
● Key [▲ / Copy] to copy or to show the previous
Press the [▼/ copy] key will start copy function automatically while programmer is in idle mode, before starting to copy ,the programmer will perform a device blank check first, if the device is found non-blank,then the programmer will perform ‘erase’ function automatically before starting to copy .
After completing of the copy process, ‘device verify’ function will be started automatically if copy function is performed the first time. This is for the purpose to eliminate the case when the file provided is not a good file.
Also in this process, the corresponding LED will be distinguished if an error is detected in any socket position.
The LED will be turned off if the master position is used as the copy data source.
The summary of the total good device count will be displayed on the lower right corner of the LCD display.
The count will be reset to zero once the function 'file select' is used.
● [File select ]
while the programmer is in idle mode, press both [▼/ Verify] and [▲ / Copy] simultaneously will enter into [File select ] mode, at this moment the first column of the display will show 'command' to be executed after [YES] key is pressed .
The second column will display the root directory or the file name that was used recently.
The displays on fist column include following:
“ Enter DIR ”：Press [YES] to enter into current directory.
“ Select file ”：Press [YES] to select current data file name as the source data file to be program into the target chip.
“ UP. ”：Press [YES] to return to the higher level directory.
while in [File select ] mode , keys [▼/ Verify] or [▲ / Copy] is used to browse the content of the files or directories in current directory.
It will jump back to the higher level menu while the end of current directory is reached. if you want to terminate the browsing function and jump back to the higher level menu, simply press the key combination [▼/ Verify] and [▲ / Copy] simultaneously.
The result of pressing the key combination [▼/ Verify] and [YES] simultaneously will bring you to back the root directory.
while in [File select ] mode , keys [▼/ Verify] and [YES] are pressed simultaneously will enter into the 【IC select】mode.
IC type will be displayed in first column and further message will be displayed in second column.
You can use [▼/ Verify] or [▲ / Copy] to browse the IC type , then press the [YES] key once the correct IC type id founded.
Under 【IC select】 mode, you can use either ‘[▼/ Verify] and [▲ / Copy]’ or ‘[▼/ Verify] and [YES]’ key to switching from one device manufacturer to another quickly.
●【Save file from IC / cancel】
while in idle mode, press both [▲ / Copy] and [YES] key simultaneously, the LCD will displayed “ File " FLASHPRO.BIN " will overlay”, which remind you that the file “ FLASHPRO.BIN ” under the root directory will be over written by new file.
If you press [YES] key now, the data will be read from the master socket and stored to the file named “ FLASHPRO.BIN ” in the root directory.
If you press the [YES] key while it is not in the idle mode, the programmer is forced to stop the current execution and returned to idle mode state.
Adaptor lists which support different IC packages:
CNV-SOP-DIP20-SPI(8pins-238mil)，SOP8 package，support following devices:
CNV-SOP-DIP28-SPI(16 pin-405mil) SOP16 package，support following devices:
besides above, all others are general purpose adaptors, pin to pin mapping with width 238 mils or 405 mils.
Data format for SD / MMC card.
- To avoid programming error caused by data file damaged in SD/MMC card, two data files are used : one is with ‘bin’ suffix ( such as XX.bin) and another is in ‘.ver’ suffix ( such as XX.ver),
- The contents of the two file is identically the same even they are with different suffix. The file with .ver suffix is exactly a copy from ‘xx.bin’ file is modified to '.ver' suffix only.
- Be sure that the two files are placed under the same directory.
- The file with 'bin' suffix is used for programming purpose while the other is used for verification purpose. so that file errors can be detected in case contents of the two files is not identical
● (How to modify the file to different suffix: on your PC, My Computer-tool-file option-hidden the known file name- delete the hook in front of the file name)
● SD/MMC file management
Create a directory for each device type, put the related device file into the directory. Multi-level directories are suggested be used to avoid too many file in the same directory.
For easier to browse, the lengths of file name for each device should be less than 8 characters in total, no matter it is in numeric or alphabetic or both.